Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Katie Day 1: Painfully Unhappy

I woke up yesterday on the wrong side of the bed. I went to bed unhappy and I woke up...you guessed it...unhappy. I think it's important for me to be honest here, and tell you that even though I launched the "Thirty Days to Happy" campaign, I was anything but happy Monday morning. It's all about attitude, choices, and fully embracing the, "This too shall pass" mentality. But for some reason, I just couldn't grasp it. I was close to tears the entire morning.

Kayla gave me the goal to write down ten things I like about myself. I decided to spend the day thinking on that because at 9  in the A.M., I could come up with nothing. We went and did a killer arm workout at the gym and then I got called into work. I was angry, for no good reason.

I got back from work in time for lunch and a three mile walk. All of a sudden things started taking a turn for the better. I had absolutely no reason to be upset about anything. Nothing in my life is bad enough to take me to rock bottom. So I changed my attitude and then in an instant life became a lot less sad. Our hip-hop classes got canceled for the month. I was bummed. But we spent the money we would have spent on classes and spent the evening at World of Fun last night.

Ten years ago I went to Worlds of Fun with some friends. I went to ride the Timber Wolf. When I sat down, I couldn't fit in the seat and I couldn't buckle the seat belt. I embarrassingly left the ride, left the park, and never went back. I was really nervous waiting in the short line fort he Timber Wolf. Kayla asked me if I wanted to skip it. But when it was our turn, I had no trouble fitting in the seat and buckling my seat belt. It was a huge victory for me.

Then I went home, wrote out my list of things I like about myself, gave them to Kayla and called it a night. I went to bed happy...and I woke up happy. Funny how that works.



No comments:

Post a Comment