Tuesday, June 11, 2013

One week of happy

On Friday, I looked back at the week and thought; This week really wasn't all that happy.

Then Saturday came and the completion of my 10K pretty much took me to a new level. I have new goals and new dreams and I'm the only one standing in my way. I was nervous to get on the scale Monday morning to see how the week had treated me in the weight loss department. I've been focused on fitness, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't desperately wanting to lose these last 45 pounds.

When I got on the scale the Saturday before, I weighed 199.8 pounds. That was almost devastating to me. If you remember, I hit ONEderland some time ago. I had made no progress and I knew exactly why. Eating out, having cheat days (or weeks), and ignoring rules for myself that I had originally put in place, had left me just under the 200 mark for weeks.

This week I followed my 1200-1500 calorie diet plan, avoided my sweet teas, worked out five times during the week and aimed for seven hours of sleep a night. I hopped on the scale yesterday morning to a really alarming number.

189.4

I got off the scale, let the scale think about it for awhile and then tried again. Same weight. I confirmed at my doctor's appointment yesterday afternoon. I realize it is mostly water weight, but this sort of loss was just what I needed to remind myself that I can do this. I can eat healthy, feel better, and be happier without binging. I had a couple difficult days last week, but mostly my diet left me feeling satisfied. Kayla and I had fun trying out new ways of cooking, and really workin it at our workouts.  I'm excited for this week.

Here we go!


No comments:

Post a Comment