Thursday, June 6, 2013

6:30 A.M.

I woke up at 6:15 this morning and I was out the door by 6:30. I did my last run before my 10K on Saturday. It felt like a long twenty minutes, but I only ran 1.7 miles. I'm guessing I'll probably be struggling on Saturday, but I don't really care. I had planned on this short morning run being miserable, but it was actually pretty nice. I hurt a little, but there's something about the sun rising while you run that really seems to cancel that out.

I was home,showered, and off to work by 7:15. I've been feeling a lot like an adult lately. This isn't college anymore. I don't skip breakfast or sleep in past 9...ever. I work almost every day. I watch what I eat and I run. I run at six in the morning sometimes and I like it.

But on these thirty days to happiness, I want to remember that I'm still young. Life is short. While I'm sliding into my late twenties and starting to enjoy a life that is laced with schedules, work, and anti-aging cream...I'd like to remember that I'm still spontaneous, fun, and easy-going. Sometimes you have to do things that make you feel like a kid again.

Today, I think I'll go to the zoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment